Join the Good Sit pack!
Good Sit is looking for a few good contractors! We are a fun loving company in need of people who are serious about dogs and want to walk groups in a leashed hike three times a week. Our pick-up range is Palo Alto, Mountain View, and Los Altos. We are an all breeds, all sizes servicing company with a focus on working with guard types and dogs with similar personalities. You get to be outdoors three times a week during mid to late morning with a guaranteed minimum of twelve hours per week.
This position is a physical one and involves driving. Some dogs will need to be lifted into vehicles, and some may need to be lifted in emergency circumstances. You will be walking a minimum of two miles a hike, responsible for up to six dogs at a time.
Expect consistently working with our dogs’ families, which is a great way to maintain your people skills. You have your own business or are working on your own with your own coverage regions. You are responsible and communicate, possibly over-communicate, so that we stay on the same page. There is potential to take on more responsibilities like overnight sitting and private walks.
We pride ourselves on being transparent with our clientele and giving them the best experience for their families and making their lives easier. Help us keep our reputation as we grow!
You will learn:
- Leash handling
- Preventing fighting
- Aggressive dog handling
- Client communication
- Pack management
- Time management
- Our parks and peninsula dog friendly areas better
Requirements, the tangibles:
- Have a USA driver’s license
- Have a CA registered vehicle that can fit up to 6 dogs (if concerned about the dog amount, please ask about this part. CA registration is a must)
- Be able to lift 70 pound dogs unaided
- Available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8am – 12pm. Some holidays will be off, others on (will be discussed)
Requirements, the intangibles:
- Think clearly under pressure
- Learn from mistakes
- Take direction
- Positive-focused communication with people and dogs
- Empathy for other living things