Good Sit Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services is Growing! Come Join the Good Sit Pack!
Our purpose is to provide Bay Area dog families a place for happy, safe, and engaged activities for all sizes and breeds of dogs throughout the week. We have fun while keeping high standards of care and training philosophy, and excellent customer service.
Being a Dog Walker is physical; we hike, walk, lift animals, hop in and out of SUVs, and separate dogs when safety dictates. You’ll be working with animals that have teeth and the ability to bite. At times we work around people with strong emotional response to dogs; dogs can bring out the best and worst in people. We are prepared for the worst and usually experience the best!
- Conduct on-leash group dog walking and off-leash play group supervision.
- Pick up and drop off pet dogs (SUV vehicle provided) in the mornings and early afternoons during the work week across Mountain View, Los Altos, Palo Alto, and Sunnyvale.
- Communicate directly with clients about the activities and behavior of their pets. Reporting summary of activities to management.
- Work with other team members and management on larger group activities.
- Take daily photographs of the dogs — nothing fancy, just showing they are having fun!
- Pay $16.05 – $22.00 per hour, based on experience. Paid every 2 weeks.
- Valid California driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Punctuality and attention to detail.
- Physical stamina to hike with dogs at least 2 miles per day and to lift a 70 pound dog unaided.
- Proactive, reliable and detailed verbal and written communication.
- Strong customer service skills, can-do approach and positive attitude.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills. Think clearly under pressure.
- Follow force-free training methodology on both ends of the leash.
- Available weekday mornings. Hours are MWF 8a – 12pm weekly OR Tuesday Thursday 8a-12pm (potential for mix of both) with a stable schedule. Potential additional private walking that suits your schedule.
Training Received (within 30 days:)
Your first month will be a paid training period. You’ll learn how we operate and work performance expectations. Specifically you will be trained in:
- Techniques and hands-on experience in Force-Free dog training methodology.
- Best Practices in Dog group management, Fight prevention and Defensive Leash Handling Techniques.
- Emergency safety protocols.
- Detailed hands-on training in the latest techniques in Force-Free dog training methodology.
- Learning the who, what, where, why, and how of the pet care industry in the Bay Area
- Develop collaborative work relationships with fellow walkers, trainers, and dog care professionals including veterinary clinics.
- Increase hours of work from 12 hours to 20 hours per week.
- Receive mentorship from owner.
Our job as dog walkers is physical: we hike, walk, lift animals, hopping in and out of SUVs, and have to separate dogs at times when safety dictates. Know you’ll be working with animals that have teeth and have the ability to bite. We will be working around people in very emotional situations at times: dogs bring out the best and worst in people. We will be prepared for the worst and usually experience the best!
This type of work is great practice or reinforcement for people who work or will be working in veterinary clinics, hospitals, and pet daycares. Our work tends to be completed each day by 1pm, leaving you the rest of the day for yourself and the dogs safely home before the weather gets to be too much.